The primary goal of our Unity Health Home Health Agency is to educate our patients about their disease(s) and empower them to live life to the fullest. During in-home visits, our Registered Nurses spend time talking to patients about specific techniques to use in managing and monitoring their disease(s).
Our Home Health nurses remain in constant communication with patients either through in-home visits, over the phone, or via video through our telemedicine program upon admission. We provide tools including blood pressure cuffs, scales and pulse ox monitors for patients to check their vital signs. The patient then gives that information to their nurse during their daily conversation.
Also, the Unity Health Home Health Agency has been named as a Top 500 Agency the nation by HomeCare Elite.
Home Health offers:
- Disease management for conditions such as Heart Failure (HF), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Diabetes, Depression, and more.
- Skilled nursing for IV Therapy, Wound Care, Medication Reconciliation, Assessments, Education and Support
- Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapy
- Obstetric and Pediatric Care
Our team includes:
- Physicians - authorize individualized treatment plans for home care and regularly review patients’ progress to make necessary changes
- Registered Nurses - provide treatment, educate and monitor patients’ medical conditions
- Physical, Speech and Occupational Therapists - provide rehabilitation services
- Medical Social Workers - help with emotional and social needs of patients throughout their plan of care
- Dietitians - provide education to patients based on special dietary needs related to their diagnosis
- Home Health Aides - provide assistance with personal care such as grooming and bathing
Who is eligible for Home Health?
Patients who have healthcare needs that require the skills of a health professional on an intermittent basis are eligible for the Home Health services. Initial evaluations are done at no cost by a Unity Health Home Health Registered Nurse either in the hospital or at home to determine eligibility.
The Unity Health Home Health Agency serves eight counties:
For more information on the Unity Health Home Health Agency, or to schedule an in-home visit, please call (501) 380-4700, or contact your physician.