As the population ages, it is predicted that there will be a 45 percent increase in the total number of annual cancer cases nationwide. The numbers are growing so rapidly that it is also predicted by the year 2020, there will be a shortage of more than 2,500 oncologists to care for those patients.
With this knowledge, four of the health care entities in Searcy decided to join together to ensure cancer care for our community. CARTI, White County Oncology, Radiology Associates, PA (RAPA) and White County Medical Center will join forces under one roof to fight cancer in the new Cancer Center of Excellence located at 415 Rodgers Dr.
The center has three medical oncologists and one radiation oncologist, allowing for a patient to be diagnosed and treated all at the same location. The center takes the cancer care in this community to the next level and features some of the most advanced diagnostic and treatment machines in the nation.
Features inside the center include:
- Café for families and friends to relax
- Chapel for meditation
- Counseling room to assist with all issues that families face during the battle with cancer
- Conference and resource room for family members to learn about different diseases
- Chemo treatment area with not only a chair for up to 24 patients, but also a chair for each patient to bring a visitor and 2 private rooms for patients who would rather be alone
- Clinic with three or four exam rooms for each oncologist
- Breast center with digital mammography